Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: '95 AG Catalog

  1. #1
    Inactive Member bgeurtz's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 23rd, 2005
    Posts
    630
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Would anyone have a '95 Catalog? I would like to get a copy of the pictures of the JLY dolls. Not all the pages just the page where they have all the dolls on one page. I have a catalog from '97, but I understand there are a couple of different dolls, and I can never remember which ones changed.
    Thank you in advance if anyone could do this. [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member trop4's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 28th, 2006
    Posts
    227
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I happened to have the 1996 catalog handy and here's the page. Sorry it's a little blurry, the flash was too bright so I had to take it without one. I could do a better one tomorrow in the daylight. These are all 20 girls.

    DSCN8172

  3. #3
    Inactive Member fiveinarowmom's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2006
    Posts
    57
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi, I have a 1995 catalogue, and it has all the Our New Baby stuff, but no AGOT. Remember, they were released in 1996. The photo previously shown, from the 1996 catalogue is the earliest.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Kenshinchan's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 19th, 2006
    Posts
    1,024
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Yeah, I have two early '95 catalogs (for now [img]smile.gif[/img] ) and no AGoT dolls there.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member bgeurtz's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 23rd, 2005
    Posts
    630
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Wow, thank you, it's #6 that's different. My #6 in the catalog is a blonde hair/green eyes. Maybe I need to look on Ebay for a '96 catalog.
    I purchased my DD's #20 the first year she was out. And I have the first meet outfit, what is different is that our doll didn't come with the little flat shoes she came with the plastic shoes all the historicals come in. Also her body tag says made in W.Germany for Pleasant Company 1986.
    I think its interesting how all of these dolls are put together. While we as doll collectors want to date our dolls, back in the beginning they were just pieceing dolls together to get them out as fast as they could with whatever parts were available. Some made in W.Germany, China, NY and wherever they were produced.
    Just some thoughts while I can't sleep.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member fiveinarowmom's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2006
    Posts
    57
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Okay, I was wrong about the AGOT dolls being released in 1996, it was actually 1995. I was looking in my 1992 catalogue...oops. Here's what Curt D. has to say...

    In the 1995 Holiday Catalog, Pleasant Company introduced a line of 18" dolls with modern outfits and accessories. At first there were twenty "American Girls of Today", each with a different combination of hair color, eye color, face sculpt, hair smoothness and skin tone. This also marked the first Asian-American Girl doll (AGOT #4) which had an all-new face sculpt.
    In 1997, AGOT #6, which had black hair, light skin and dark brown eyes was changed to a blonde with green eyes. The name of the modern 18" doll line was changed to "American Girl Today" in 1998. And in 1999, AGOT #18 was given bangs and AGOT #19's eyes were changed from gray to green. Then, in 2001, the twenty-first AGOT was added; she had curly honey-blond hair and hazel eyes. August 2004 saw the introduction of three new American Girls of Today: AGOT #22, 23 & 24. These were different in that they had no bangs and two had freckles. At that time, three girls were retired: AGOT #9, 10 and 20

  7. #7
    Inactive Member bgeurtz's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 23rd, 2005
    Posts
    630
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Oh, I would so love to see that catalog. Christmas of '95, I'll try and remember that date when looking on Ebay.
    Thank you so much momof5inarow, sorry if I got that wrong.

    PS. I'll send you a check tomorrow for the hat and purse, just need to write down your addy.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member trop4's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 28th, 2006
    Posts
    227
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I dug out my old catalogs....here is the spread from the Holiday 1995 issue. All 20 dolls.

    DSCN8203

    Closer up...

    DSCN8205

    and here's from Holiday 1996...all the same dolls...

    DSCN8206

    Closer up....

    DSCN8207

  9. #9
    Inactive Member trop4's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 28th, 2006
    Posts
    227
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Checking the Holiday 1997 issue, the only difference is #6 has changed to the blonde with green eyes. The original #6 with light skin, black hair and dark brown eyes is gone.

  10. #10
    Inactive Member Jeanette M.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    July 18th, 2003
    Posts
    1,239
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    In the '95 Issue, GT 9, GT 19, and GT 20 are all three described with hazel eyes, but by the '96 Holiday one, they are described as having gray eyes. Yet in the pictures, their eyes look identical from one year to the other. Can you see any difference, luv*AG?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •